Many coworking spaces also offer an option to take a dedicated desk. Reserving a desk means that you have the same desk each time you come to work. Nobody will have got to the office before you and sat in your favourite space!
Starting your life as a coworker, you might find the best option is to take a hot desk membership. The hot desk allows you to work in a variety of places to see which area works best for you. The time may come, however, when you decide that you don’t want to take a chance on your favourite seat being taken and want to know where you will be sitting each day. A dedicated Desk may be the option.
What are the pros and cons of a dedicated desk?
- Dedicated desks give you more privacy.
- You can leave your work, including desktop computers and extra monitors at a dedicated desk.
- Dedicated desks come with a locking file cabinet for valuables.
- Need a specific chair – you can provide your own.
- You can personalise your workspace.
- You have your reserved space in an area you like to work.
- You can also work in the lounge area or meet people in the lounge when needed.
- You’re still part of the coworking community.
- You can attend networking events in the space.
- The area is quieter for phone calls or getting your head down to business.
- There are not so many distractions from other workers.
- You can group several dedicated desks if you want to work with colleagues.
- You can often have a landline phone or wired computer in this space.
- You have all the amenities a coworking space provides, including a kitchen area, unlimited tea and coffee, printer and shredding services, reception and hosting services.
Cons of a Dedicated Desk in a Coworking Space
- Dedicated desks can be away from common space and collaborative area and so quieter.
- You’ll potentially have less social interaction at a dedicated desk versus working in the common area
- Dedicated desks are more expensive than flexible membership
- You’ll work next to the same people every day, rather than making new connections
- They are full-time rentals, which means when you are not there, you still pay wherein a coworking space you can often pay for the days you use.
Workplace is a 5-star coworking and serviced office company in Manchester. It is perfectly positioned on Oxford Street, close to Oxford Road Station and only 10 minutes walk from Piccadilly Station. It has easy access with the tram system in Manchester being only a few steps from Albert Square. Full Google Directions and Location
Workplace Manchester offers excellent flexibility with day desk hire, coworking, reserved desks, offices and meeting space.